Alternator Service Near Olathe, KS
Alternator Service at Victory Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
The alternator might be one of the most misunderstood parts. A lot of drivers assume that all of their electricity comes from their battery, but their battery is actually powered by this small part. This is why when it starts to wear down, it can cause a long list of different problems. If your electrical system is having issues and you’re looking for a quick fix, you can visit our mechanics at Victory Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM.
Keeping Your Car Alive
When you’re having electrical problems, there’s a strong chance that your battery is the issue but it’s not always the case. If you’ve already jumped your battery only for it to die again a short while later, then it’s safe to say that something probably isn’t right. As you drive, it’s the job of your alternator to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy for your battery, so that it never fully drains when you’re out and about. Without this inflow of new charge, your battery is going to quickly chew through its reserves. This might leave you believing that your battery is getting too old, but if it checks out at the shop, then your alternator is going to be the next thing that they look at. Once it’s back up and running, your electrical issues should hopefully be resolved.
Know the Symptoms of a Faulty Alternator
Your alternator has an important job, so when it starts to have trouble, you’ll notice some of the symptoms below.
- Don’t Blame Your Battery: Your battery can indeed be the problem, but if it’s routinely dying repeatedly, it might not be getting charged as you’re driving.
- Stay Alert: If your car is making jarring noises, and you hear grinding or growling, it could be due to your alternator’s internal bearings. If you hear squealing, then this might mean that your belt or pulley is having trouble. You’ll want to watch out for a burning smell.
- Check Your Indicator Light: This is usually your first clue that something is wrong, so you’ll want to make sure that you’re checking your dashboard.
- Your Cabin is Having Problems: If you notice that you’re having trouble with some of your systems, it could be due to a lack of electricity. You might notice that your headlights are also dimmer than usual.
Meet the Problem-Solvers
You’re not going to be able to drive very far without a working alternator. If you’re tired of your vehicle constantly dying and you’re near Shawnee, Kansas City, or Olathe, you can bring your vehicle to Victory Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, where our mechanics can make sure that you’re provided with the repairs you need.
- The Big Picture: Cars are complicated, so it might not always be one singular part that’s causing all your problems. If you’re having issues with wires, your starter, or other pieces of your electrical system, you can count on our mechanics to provide you with a repair that covers all your bases.
- A New Alternator: Depending on the state of your alternator, there’s a possibility that you could need a replacement. If you do, our parts department will be able to help you find an alternator that properly fits your vehicle.